How Do I Choose The Right Contractor?
The crucial factor in a successful contracting project is selecting the right contractor. You should evaluate your contractor as carefully as you would select your doctor or lawyer. Never be afraid to ask a prospective contractor straightforward questions in order to protect yourself from the non-professional or unqualified contractors. Only then can you be assured that you will be satisfied at the completion of your project and for years into the future. Remember that a qualified and reputable contractor will have no problems working with you to answer these questions so that you will be able to proceed with trust and confidence.
- You MUST evaluate the quality and completeness of the proposal before you award the bid
- Make sure the proposal includes everything you need and discussed with the contractor
- Make sure the price is in line with the value being delivered
- Be forewarned of the low-price contractor since studies show that most consumer dissatisfaction involves the low-bid contractor
- Explore problems, products, and prices
- Take at least one hour to get to know your contractor
- Scrutinize credentials, professionalism, insurance, licenses, experience, warranty of workmanship and specifications for the project